Steeple Restoration Project
We have just celebrated our 188th birthday as Second Congregational Church. Our church building was dedicated on January 16, 1833 and our steeple was added in 1855. It was destroyed in the Gale of 1869 and replaced a year later. Fast forward to 2016 and our steeple is in much need of repair. For evidence of this, look at the ceiling where the stairs pull down for access to the steeple and for more proof look inside the steeple itself where the rot is evident. All this is detailed in an assessment completed by Jim Derby in October 2015 and is available below.